Dishwashers are an investment. With more and more bells and whistles being added, it’s easy to assume they are self-cleaning and don’t require maintenance.
Add these 3 simple checks into your monthly deep clean routine and get the most out of your appliance.
Deep clean the inside of the dishwasher
- Pour 2 cups of white vinegar into a dishwasher-safe glass measuring cup
- Place the measuring cup upright on the bottom rack
- Run a normal cycle with the heat dry option off
- Do not use detergent
Check for clogs
- Empty and clean the dishwasher
- Remove any excess food particles left behind from previous washes
- Locate the dishwasher filter
- Turn clockwise and remove the filter
- Rinse and clean off any debris with water and Nellie's One Soap
- Replace Filter
- Spin the arm to ensure the filter is securely back in place
Clean Spray Bar
- Remove the spray bar according to the manual directions
- Run them underwater to dislodge any food particles blocking the spray holes
- If you have hard water, soak the spray bar in vinegar to break up mineral deposits
Important! Once you commit to keeping your dishwasher clean and functioning properly, choose the right detergent.
Our Dish Powders and Dish Nuggets are biodegradable, septic-safe and phosphate-free. So, the only gross stuff going down the drain will come from your plates. What’s not to love about doing dishes?