Nellie's Dishwasher Powder
When we load our dishwashers, we expect a lot from the machines and dishwashing agents we choose. We want our dishes to be clean, spotless and prevent limescale. To get the result we desire, we invest in dishwasher liquids, powders, tabs, and rinse aids, all promising the best results.
Did you know that these products, especially rinse aids contain chemical phosphates and surfactants, which lower the surface tension of water and place a waterproof layer on your dishes? This helps dishes dry faster and appear spot-free. While this achieves a tremendous visual result, we don’t think it makes sense to coat dishes and utensils with harmful chemicals - and then eat off them!
At Nellie’s, we strive to create planet-friendly products that keep you and your family safe. Our Dishwasher Powder and Dishwasher Nuggets are biodegradable, septic safe, and phosphate-free. Our Dishwasher Powders are super concentrated and packed with cleaning power, so one small scoop per load is all you need!
Liquid detergents are made up largely of water. At Nellie’s, we don’t think selling and moving water around the planet is a very good idea. The fact is more cleaning power can be packed into a smaller space using powder!
Of course, we too want spotless dishes, something that can be achieved without chemical rinse aids!
Tips for getting clear, sparkling dishes when using a planet-friendly dishwasher detergent:
- Do NOT overload the dishwasher
- Rinse heavy food residue from cutlery and dishes
- Do NOT overuse dishwashing detergent
- Place a cup of distilled white vinegar (with 5% or less acidity) in a bowl on the bottom rack of the dishwasher during the rinse cycle
Fun Fact: We love that our products have multiple uses. Did you know that you can use Nellie’s Dishwasher Nuggets to clean your tub’s whirlpool jets?
- Fill the tub until jets are covered by 2-3 inches of hot water.
- Toss in 2x Nellie's Dishwasher Nuggets.
- Run the tub's jets for 15 minutes.
- Empty tub and refill (cold water is okay).
- Run jets for 15 minutes and wipe clean with a non-abrasive cloth.