Choosing the right laundry and dishwasher detergents for your household can depend on several factors- liquid vs. powder preference, load size, scent, price, and ease of use.
Why Powder Detergents?
Despite thousands of articles debating what to use and loads of misinformation promoting one or the other as 'better' - Nellie's Laundry Soda, Nellie's Oxygen Brightener and Nellie's Dishwasher Detergent are only available in powder formulas, and here's why:
Nellie's Powder Detergent Pros:
- Hypoallergenic (scent-free)
- Costs less per load than many leading brand-name powders
- Less chance of over-use
- More effective on stains
- No additives or fillers
- Dissolves in hot or cold water
- Septic and Grey Water safe
- Sold in recyclable and reusable packaging
Liquid Detergent Cons:
- Made up of up to 70% water
- Hard to hold and pour, spills easily
- Tends to be overused
- Sold in single-use plastic bottles
- Plastic Packaging may not be recyclable in all areas
- Usually contains SLS and SLES
Take overthinking out of the process. If you choose Nellie's detergents, you are choosing planet-friendly, simple, and honest products that actually work.